Saturday, February 9, 2019

CHANGE: IT STARTS WITH ME


Blessed with intellect and a set of skills, we, the human race, have been placed on Earth for a purpose, and it is our duty in life to discover exactly what that purpose is. As stated in the Bible, “to whom much is given, much is expected.” I believe giving back to society is, quite simply, a responsibility.


Changing the world begins with improving who we are on the inside. We each have a unique identity and our own distinct thoughts. These thoughts often propel us to act. So, by mindfully centering our thoughts in a positive direction, we can improve our actions and thus our character.

I can improve the world by consciously looking around and thinking, at every opportunity, how can I help? The most powerful way one can change the world isn’t simply by doing one thing, but instead is a way of life revolving around the concept of altruism. While some may side with the philosopher Hobbes and argue that every act is tainted by primal human desires of remembrance and power, and thus is not truly selfless, I disagree. Charitable acts are not selfish because they improve our society as a whole.

The positive impact I can make starts within myself; by becoming a truly giving person, I can change the world. While self-improvement may seem a passive process, it’s actually a challenge requiring daily practice. It involves continually controlling my thoughts and actions to determine the type of person I want to be. My mission to positively change the world begins with self-improvement and concludes with making kind acts an instinctive part of my life.

REFERENCE:
http://www.teenink.com/hot_topics/community_service/article/832879/It-Starts-With-Me

No comments:

Post a Comment